While the final game includes special animals from all five kingdoms with universal food costs and be available at Christmas, here’s how you make a basic prototype test deck:
Take any two (or more) beginner decks, remove all objects, and then combine the remaining cards into one deck at a 3:2 ratio of animals to food. (With two decks, you’ll probably end up with a 60 card deck, which is enough for two players. For every 20 additional cards at this ratio in your final deck, you can add an extra player, so 80 cards for 3 players and 100 cards for 4 players.)
Each player gets 8 cards and gameplay rules are the same as regular wild wars with the following exceptions:
1) Play all animals as though they had universal food costs.
2) Although everyone has a personal boneyard, deal the cards from a communal deck.
3) Everyone draws a card, even the first player.
4) Suck creatures aren’t in the official WW:FB game, so give suck animals “rush” for testing purposes.
5) The goal is to gain points with the first person to 10 points winning.
Points are gained as follows:
1) unblocked attacks gain the attacker the number of attack points their creature had
2) overpower attacks gain the attacker the number of attack points over what a defender’s defense was
3) blocks earn the defending player one point